[PD] OSC messages without / (fwd)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 27 10:37:20 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-27 09:47, Leandro da Mota Damasceno wrote:
> Hi Roman
>
> It's ok, i just keep forgetting to reply to all...
>
> so, I really don't understand how that could be happening, especially when
> in max/MSP i don't have to route any #bundle tag. It's funny how it shows
> how different it is to work with osc in both languages.

again: obviously max/msp has a somewhat non-standard interpretation of
what OSC means. (please correct me if i'm wrong; but afaik the
pd-implementation is rather "with the book" and supports everything that
is "proper" (as in: standard) OSC)

furthermore, max/msp obviously knows how to deal with its own
interpretation of the standard, hence you don't have any problems on
max/msp with what you think is OSC.

if i tell you that "dös is a so" is english, you can either believe me
and question your knowledge of english, or you don't believe me and
question my definition of english. obviously some of the words look like
english (and some even have the same meaning)...but it doesn't help you
a lot in understanding what i said.

it would be better if we agreed on which language we meant when we want
to talk in this language.

fgmsdr
IOhannes

PS: there is still hope to write a translator from what you get to what
Pd thinks is OSC. it might be good to get your transmitted data (e.g in
binary form)