[PD] Clearing and Copying an array

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Oct 27 11:16:33 CEST 2010

Hi Raffael,

Keep in mind that copying between arrays at faster than audio speed may
give the same kind of glitches you get when you use [soundfiler] to load
audio into an array.  For this reason I wouldn't recommend it during a
live performance.

My recommendation would be to either use several arrays which you can
switch between, or make one long array and switch between active "zones"
in the array for different loops. STEIM's LiSa live-sampling program
takes the second approach, by the way...

Best!
Derek

On 10/27/10 10:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2010-10-27 10:22, Raffael Seyfried wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some problems with a live looper patch I am building for my band.
>>
>> My question is: Is it possible to copy the content of an array into
>> another array (or reset all entries to zero) directly by using messages?
>> If so what messages?
>>

> resetting to 0 can be done by sending the "const 0" message to the array.
>
> copying the array cannot be done directly, you could either use:
>
> a) pd-vanilla
> |
> [t f f         ]
> |              |
> [tabread from] |