[PD] OSC messages without / (fwd)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:52:25 CEST 2010

Hi Leandro

I may have a hint, though I don't have the time to test it myself. From
[1] I found this:

<snip>
OSC Bundles
An OSC Bundle consists of the OSC-string "#bundle" followed by an OSC
Time Tag, followed by zero or more OSC Bundle Elements. The OSC-timetag
is a 64-bit fixed point time tag whose semantics are described below.

An OSC Bundle Element consists of its size and its contents. The size is
an int32 representing the number of 8-bit bytes in the contents, and
will always be a multiple of 4. The contents are either an OSC Message
or an OSC Bundle.
</snip>

Now let's assume (again a bad hack, but it seems you have to deal with
bad hacks at the moment) that the bundled messages coming from max
actually contain only one bundle element. This would mean that all the
bundle header stuff is at the beginning of the OSC message and also it
has a fixed size which we are might able to exploit.

So let's calculate the size of the OSC bundle stuff that we like to get
rid of:

#bundle - tag:		8 bytes
timetag:		8 bytes
size of bundle element: 4 bytes

The rest is assumed to be the plain OSC message. So, what you might want
to try is to split off the first 20 (8+8+4) bytes of the raw OSC message
in order to get a plain unbundled OSC message.

You can achieve that with a [list split 20] inserted right after the
[udpreceive]. After that you prepend the '/' and after that you insert
my OSC zero-padding abstraction.

Let us know, if that works.

Roman

[1]: http://opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0