[PD] Shifter~ Object for Linux?

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Wed Nov 3 14:02:06 CET 2010

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Massat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A few months ago I posted a message about a pitch shifter and someone
> pointed me to the shifter~ object ported to Pd by Julian Villeguas
> (http://julovi.net/j/?page_id=7). Unfortunately the makefile wasn't
> written for Linux. Is there a way i can compile it to run in Fedora?

Haven't tested this.. but: if the external is not too funky and only has
a source file (I assume shifter~.c) and other than m_pd.h uses standard
C libraries.. you should be able to compile it with something like

gcc shifter~.c -o shifter~.pd_linux -I [path where m_pd.h]

Where [path to m_pd.h] is the directory where m_pd.h is, easily found
doing locate m_pd.h. In my case (on ubuntu with pd-extended) it's
/usr/include/pdextended/ but that may vary I think.

Good luck,
Lorenzo.