[PD] reacTIVision client in PD on Ubuntu 64 bit

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:57:42 CET 2010

Hello,

not sure if this should go to this list or to the "dev" list...

Running Ubuntu studio 10.04 64 bit, I have a problem with the reacTIVision
client in Pure Data (extended, 0.42.5-2). Trying to put the client on the
canvas, gives the message:

"/home/menno/pd/TuioClient.pd_linux: /home/menno/pd/TuioClient.pd_linux:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

Seems like it was built solely for 32 bit systems? I really do not know how
to resolve this, or how to build a working pd-client from the source.

Attached is my attempt to build an alternative client, using mrpeach
[udpreceive] and [unpackOSC]. This works, however the problem is with
'addObject' and 'removeObject' messages that the regular client gives. In
what I built now, this only works if there is only 1 fudicial in sight.
Updates keep on going so work fine with multiple fudicials in sight of the
camera. In example 2, I have tried resolving this by creating an [inlet] to
determine which fudicial number this client is for. However, using multiple
clients is of no use, because the [updreceive] object can only be used once,
multiple copied will not output data.

Any ideas either on how to resolve the initial issue, or how to improve this
alternative idea for a reacTIVision client?

Ciao, Menno.