[PD] ubuntu ppa's

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Nov 6 05:20:44 CET 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 1:06 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-11-05 17:50, august wrote:
>> 	when I do the first step in your howto, make dpkg-source, I get
>> this:
> [...]
>> 	dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no
>> 	orig.tar file found
>> 	make: *** [dpkg-source] Error 255
>>

> funnily enough, it was yesterday that i had to compile pdogg myself
> and
> neither the makefile nor the debian/-package worked.
> i see that august has now committed a fix for the makefile.
>
> i suspect the quilt problem will eventually go away, once the
> debian-packaging of pdogg is moved out of svn.pure-data.sf.net into
> the
> git repository (with properly imported upstream sources).
>
> however, debian/control lacks any mentioning of libvorbis-dev

Thanks for the fix, august, I had to tweak it to make it work on all
platforms.  The package does now have libvorbis-dev as a Build-Dep.

As for my PPA, you are welcome to use stuff from it, but don't expect
it to be reliable.  I regularly delete and change things with zero
thought about users.  That's the point of it, a testbed to iron things
out without dealing with baggage.

https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/libdirs

If you want a reliable PPA, use puredyne.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs