[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 19:16:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

I once made a draft of an object to convertpitch/duration pairs to lilypond.
At this stage, you get a score.txt, the contents of which you have to copy
to a lilypond document (.ly) and typeset the score. It doesn't do any of the
fancy drawing in the patch.

It is an unfinished object for sure, so be patient, but perhaps there is
something in the code that is helpful. It can all be found here:

www.jaimeoliver.pe/src/pd2ly-may10.zip

the score.txt document wil be created in your "/" directory.

I was hoping to have some time in the future to finish it. in the meantime
you can grab it and use it if it is helpful.

best,

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:
>
>  I'm not a programmer and don't want to disencourage you, but I don't know
>> if you're really picking the right surface/tools for this. would it make
>> sense to unite forces around an other project?
>>

> [gf/gl] offers a different model for producing geos for GEM. It might be
> easier to use sometimes, as it allows to put more stuff in messageboxes, and
> less in objects... it's hard to explain like that, and it depends which GEM
> components you compare it to. Generally it means less [pack]/[unpack], less
> wires to connect, and a notation that is both extremely close to OpenGL, yet
> more comfortable than that.

Jaime E Oliver LR

www.jaimeoliver.pe

858 750 0924 (cel)