[PD] ReacTIVision to Max4live (don't hate)

Jeffrey Concepcion jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 19:26:13 CET 2010

I was able to use the reactivision software to control parameters in Pure
Data, but i want to achieve this internally in Live using Max4Live . So far
i've been able to register the TUIO messages in the m4l patch, but it
doesn't differentiate between fiducials. I get errors that state "$ variable
out of range" and "extra argument", but the objects i'm using [send
$1-tuioObjectAlive 0] were copied from the TUIO dispatcher maxpatch that the
reactivision folks provide on their site.

I realize that the problem may come from the difference between Pd and max,
and the fact that Pd uses a message box to send out [$2-tuioObjectAlive 0]
and max uses the [send] object.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Ultimately, the goal is to map the fiducials to the control knobs on
Reaktor's skrewell so it would go like reactivision>M4L>Reaktor instead of
having to do reactivision>Pd>midiyoke>Reaktor, or  is this the longer way
around?

P.P.S. I'm on Windows 7.

--
www.epicjefferson.com