[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Caio Barros caio.barros at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:54:25 CET 2010

patko:

> We usually set scale by transposing to the fifth (the major scale seven
> half tones upper) for adding a sharp,
>  and to the fourth (the major scale five half-tones upper) for adding a
> flat

Now I'm confused. What does Mathieu meant by "scale"? I tought it was just
what number corresponds to what pitch.

João:

> Since there are already some projects going through in this area (e.g. pwgl
> or inscore), wouldn't it make sense to try to integrate with these, or try
> to help them, instead of reinventing the wheel?

I just tryed INScore and it looks fantastic, although I don't know yet if it
can send information to Pd, how it handles microtonal information, etc. The
problem I see is having that separate window to display the results. Right
now I'm convinced that the ideal would be to have a display inside the same
patch you are working on, a real object.

What Mathieu Bouchard did seems to be just in the right way, although it do
need all that implementations you mentioned its a very very good start.