[PD] Fedora build of Pd-extended 0.42.5?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Nov 7 19:18:23 CET 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Jeff Sandys wrote:

>> I 've read on Hans' website that Planet CCRMA needs a build of the
>> latest
>> Pd-extended. I have Fedora 12 on my laptop and I'm beginning to
>> realize that
>> it'd be actually cool to have an updated version of Pd to play with.
>>
>> I'd be glad to help, if :
>> 1- this isn't too complicated, because my knowledge is extremely
>> limited
>> (I've read the page on Pd.info about building pd, if it's only a
>> matter of
>> downloading all the devel tools and typing Make in a terminal it's
>> cool)
>> 2- this won't take too long (cause i have quite a lot of work to do
>> right
>> now).
>>
>> Pierre
>
> It requires a little more than ./configure, make, make install but
> I was able to build 42.4 on fedora 13 and updated the Fedora page
> on the PD Community Site:
>     http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Fedora
> You may want to install to a separate directory to keep your older
> version.  If you find any mistakes in the page above, please correct
> it for others who follow.
> -- Jeff Sandys

Gi Vania is also trying to get Fedora builds going.  He's got a
complete build on Fedora 14.  I don't have regular access to a Fedora
machine currently, and I don't know Fedora.  Can anyone do a basic RPM
spec file?  I figure we could start with a really basic one that just
packed up the files that are built from the existing build system.