[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 10:46:17 CET 2010

On 6 Nov 2010, at 18:16, Jaime Oliver wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I once made a draft of an object to convertpitch/duration pairs to lilypond. At this stage, you get a score.txt, the contents of which you have to copy to a lilypond document (.ly) and typeset the score. It doesn't do any of the fancy drawing in the patch.
>
> It is an unfinished object for sure, so be patient, but perhaps there is something in the code that is helpful. It can all be found here:
>
> www.jaimeoliver.pe/src/pd2ly-may10.zip
>
> the score.txt document wil be created in your "/" directory.
>
> I was hoping to have some time in the future to finish it. in the meantime you can grab it and use it if it is helpful.

In addition to this Graham Percival has just kindly agreed to make available his old Firelily code.

From the README:

"""
This software package is intended to be an aid to producing algorithmic
sheet music, either in real-time or not.  It takes OSC (Open Sound
Control) messages, which are easily produced in any music programming
language (MAX/Msp, pd, supercollider, chuck, etc) and translates them
into lilypond input files.

As an option, these input files may be sent to lilypond immediately and
the resulting images displayed.  Alternatively, the data may simply be
saved for extra manual tweaks and composition.
"""

This is a 5-years old project, so it might need some tweaking to get it working, but still the code/ideas might be useful to someone.

Download:

	http://percival-music.ca/software/firelily-0.3.tar.gz

All best,

Jamie