[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Nov 9 02:35:27 CET 2010

----- "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca> a écrit :

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, patko wrote:
>
> > Hello, we dont put accidental alterations to armature, we usually
> put it
> > before a note, and eventually in parentheses.
>
> Hello, I'm talking about which armature should be considered implied
> when
> trying to display a note. E.g. suppose I have an [armature] object
> (hypothetical class) which shows a certain number of alterations. How
> do I
> communicate that info to nearby [note] objects, which should display
> notes
> relatively to that armature ?

I'm thinking about additions, by using a dimension value for the number of notes in a scale,
and a value corresponding with alteration, so G major scale would look like this [7 # 0 0 0 1 0 0 0(.

 Before this the midi notes needs to be scaled, with that way it's possible to make up any scale
maybe it would be better to use another class object for the scale as well.

 Also you might be interested by this:

http://strasheela.sourceforge.net/strasheela/examples/Output/05-MicrotonalChordProgression-ex9.preview.png

we see microtones indicated by signs upside the note, not in the armature, neither on the ladder,
this is clean, easier to read than microtonal 'flat up' , or microtonal 'natural down' signs

--
Patrice Colet