[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 9 10:34:11 CET 2010

>  Also you might be interested by this:
>
> http://strasheela.sourceforge.net/strasheela/examples/Output/05-MicrotonalChordProgression-ex9.preview.png
>
> we see microtones indicated by signs upside the note, not in the
> armature, neither on the ladder,
> this is clean, easier to read than microtonal 'flat up' , or microtonal
> 'natural down' signs

I'm just giving the viewpoint of a composer who works with modern notation
here.
I've never seen this standard before. I'm sure that if I see any reference
about it I'll understand how it works, but this isn't anything that has
been widely used (if at all) in written music. Since there are already
several notation standards out there which are widely used, any solution
that might be programmed should use these standards. Or in the end it come
out a nice object, but not really usable by musicians (which was the first
topic of this thread).