[PD] pd~, 2 gemwin, vsync, nvidia, linux

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Fri Nov 12 14:49:21 CET 2010

hello,

i'm using a gem patch inside a pd~, in order to separate a huge computation, and the rendering of this process. But since i need pix_image/pix_data in the 1st process, i have to open 2 gem windows. only the 2nd one is visible.

i'm using export __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE=CRT-0 do have vsync on the external screen. (don't understand why nvidia-setting did not work any more for this)

my problem is that only the 1 gem windows is sync to Vblank. but i need the 2nd to be synchronize.

i could modify all my patch in order to have the rendering in the main pd patch and computation in pd~, but that would be a huge work.

So i'm looking for a way to force sync to Vblank for all openGL windows. (nvidia setting use to work for this, but did not anymore).

(i'm using nvidia driver 195.36.24 with ubuntu 10.04, gem svn , pd 0.42.5 vanilla)

any idea?

alternatively, i'll be happy if i can have a Gem only solution to use pix_data without having to open a windows.

thanks for any help
Cyrille