[PD] Plugin~ arguments?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:56:41 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to use plugin~ for the first time and I'm stuck with the
arguments. I wanted to try one of Steve Harris' plugins, tapeDelay. The
plugin object loads it fine, and i get a bunch of control arguments when i
send info to it.

plugin~: constructed plugin "Tape Delay Simulation" successfully
plugin~: plugin ports: audio 1/1 ctrl 10/0
plugin~: plugin active
print: port in control Tape speed (inches/sec\\, 1=normal) 0 10
print: port in control Dry level (dB) -90 0
print: port in control Tap 1 distance (inches) 0 4
print: port in control Tap 1 level (dB) -90 0
print: port in control Tap 2 distance (inches) 0 4
print: port in control Tap 2 level (dB) -90 0
print: port in control Tap 3 distance (inches) 0 4
print: port in control Tap 3 level (dB) -90 0
print: port in control Tap 4 distance (inches) 0 4
print: port in control Tap 4 level (dB) -90 0

How do i control Tap 1 distance and Tap 1 level, for instance? More
generally, I'm wondering if there is a rule to sort of translate the control
arguments one gets in the console into the ones that are supposed to be used
in messages.

Cheers!

Pierre