[PD] Linux Computer for mappping with GEM

F. Medeiros excalibas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:01:10 CET 2010

Hello,

I will buy a computer for mapping with pd + GEM and it would be nice to
get some advice before I make a mistake.

I will be using 3 projectors so I though about using 2 nvidia cards to
get 4 outputs (3 projectors + 1 screen for control), anyone knows if
this is working easily with Linux? I want to get a Gemwin that covers
the 3 screens.

I also want to get some video input from a camera or dvd or a VJ, I read
on this list nice things about the Canopus ADVC-110 so I guess this is a
good option but since I don't need it to be external maybe someone can
recommend a nice internal card that works nice on Linux.

Thank you for the help.