[PD] PD, Linux and USB multichannel interface

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:05:15 CET 2010

Most of USB audio devices out there are basic stereo in // stereo out
and they can do up to 48kHz sampling rate.

What you need is USB audio 2.0, which is firly recent, despite the
fact that most of other USB devices use the capabilities of 2.0 standard,
the audio products didn't catch up just yet.

There very few implementation out there, if you find any thing decent - let every one know!
I haven't looked it up very recently, so there may be something already :)
The latest ALSA driver should have quite good support for it,
I would advise you to browse ALSA dveloper's mailing list.

for example I can see from back in August:
"[alsa-devel] Problem with USB Class 2 Audio Driver"

Good Luck,
--
Ilya