[PD] beginner's question - counter inside a counter?

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sat Nov 20 15:11:24 CET 2010

On 20.11.2010 14:51, 2bad4you at london.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have built a counter that counts from 1 to 19 and then starts again from the beginning.
>
> It reads the values from the array. However I would like it to stop after it reads the values three times. I was thinking of using another counter to do that. Any suggestions? Where should I put the other counter and how would it work?

You could count from 0 to 3*19, and then use [mod 19] and [+ 1] to get
the desired values from 0 to 19. When you read 3*19, stop it.

By the way: The "standard way" in Pd to do a counter is to use the
[f] X [+ 1] idiom.

cu Thomas
--
"Spielen Sie Strip Schnipp-Schnapp?" (Adam Weishaupt to Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe in: Robert Shea & Robert A. Wilson, The Golden