[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Nov 21 16:32:23 CET 2010

Since there are prebuilt binaries and therefore platform-specific
configs, probably the safest thing you need to do to rebuild on your
platform from scratch is to do the following:

cd pd/src
make distclean
aclocal
autoconf
./configure (with flags you wish to use, typically --prefix=/usr
--enable-jack --enable-alsa)
make
cp pd.tk ../bin (old stale one crept into the tarball inside the bin
directory--I will fix this shortly and reupload the tarball)

at that point you can either:
cd ../bin
./pd

or (if you feel like this version is worthy being installed system-wide)
make install
pd

NB: pre-built binaries are for i386 arch only so they are unlikely to
work on other (e.g. 64-bit Linux).

As for swapping pd.tk alone, this won't work as pd.tk depends on changes
to the source as well.

Finally, regarding the scrolling algorithm, the new version updates
scrollbars once a key has been released or mouse has stopped dragging.
This is because on an Atom netbook (what we use in L2Ork) things got
bogged down quite quickly when using continual scrollbar updates. If you
wish to try that one out (it also uses old object moving code via
"coords" call which is a lot less efficient) simply download the
20101117 version (replace 20101120 in the URL of the current one).

HTH

Best wishes,

Ico