[PD] Pd + HTML on Android

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Nov 23 10:03:34 CET 2010

Hi Chris,

I also know about the web-pure-data and it seems really interesting for
adding e.g. 'generative audio' to the web (I see it similar to SVG in a
way).

What also interests me about your project (if I understood correctly how
it works, because I have no android myself and couldn't play with it) is
that the 'dsp' and 'interface' (i.e. html+js) remain somewhat separated.
A while ago I posted to the list asking about the possibility of having
'modern' html connect to pd (via tricks), and it seemed rather impossible.
Maybe with HTML 5 supporting 'true' sockets this becomes realistic again.

Lorenzo.