[PD] [PD-announce] many - a library for managing many instances

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 23 10:07:01 CET 2010

Hi Hans,

these look pretty cool and very useful. The rj library has two
polypoly-like objects as well: [u_makepoly] and [u_robinpoly] (of course
the latter don't require any externals or modifications to vanilla Pd).

I have found in some benchmarks, that the  [inlet]---[route 0 1 2 3 ...]
technique can become quite slow for larger numbers of instances, so I
have replaced it in the rj-polys with the much faster technique if
dynamically assigned renamed [send]s. I have attached the patches so you
see what I mean. It really makes a difference on slow hardware like
iPod or Android phones.

Ciao
--
Frank