[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

ALAN BROOKER alan.brooker2010 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 10:44:33 CET 2010

 Hi Ico

cd pd/src

make distclean
aclocal
autoconf
./configure (with flags you wish to use, typically --prefix=/usr
--enable-jack --enable-alsa)
make
cp pd.tk ../bin (old stale one crept into the tarball inside the bin
directory--I will fix this shortly and reupload the tarball)

at that point you can either:
cd ../bin
./pd

or (if you feel like this version is worthy being installed system-wide)
make install
pd

 I have gotten further with compiling but I do get the following error at
make install:

t_main.c

t_main.c:18:16: error: tk.h: No such file or directory

t_main.c:38: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

t_main.c: In function ‘main’:

t_main.c:59: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘Tk_Main’

t_main.c:59: error: ‘Tcl_AppInit’ undeclared (first use in this function)

t_main.c:59: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

t_main.c:59: error: for each function it appears in.)

t_main.c: At top level:

t_main.c:86: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype

t_main.c: In function ‘Tcl_AppInit’:

t_main.c:86: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘Tcl_Interp’

t_main.c:85: warning: type of ‘interp’ defaults to ‘int’

t_main.c:88: error: ‘Tk_Window’ undeclared (first use in this function)

t_main.c:88: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘mainwindow’

t_main.c:90: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘Tcl_Init’

t_main.c:90: error: ‘TCL_ERROR’ undeclared (first use in this function)

t_main.c:93: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘Tk_Init’

t_main.c:99: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘pdgui_startup’

t_main.c:112: error: ‘TCL_OK’ undeclared (first use in this function)

make: *** [t_main.o] Error 1

 Thanks for any tips-almost got it going