[PD] Strange behavior between [phasor~] and [creb/blosc~]

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Nov 23 14:49:11 CET 2010

Did you try graphing the output of the combined [phasor~] objects? To
me, it seems likely that the lack of a zero-crossing in the [phasor~]
waveform would create a large amount of DC offset, and perhaps that is
what you are hearing. [creb/blosc~], [osc~] and pretty much any other
audio waveform generator all have mostly equal amounts of positive and
negative energy in their waveforms. Only [phasor~] is the weird
exception and wasn't even designed to be used as signal source anyways.
I'm quite sure it was mainly intended for use in driving [tabread~] objects.

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::
---Oblique Strategy # 113: