[PD] Java Pd file parser

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Nov 24 06:02:05 CET 2010

Hi Hans,

I understand and basically agree, but practically speaking the Python one is done already and works very nicely <http://mccormick.cx/projects/PyPd/PdParser.html> the Javascript one is web based so it doesn't make sense there (cross browser plugins, gah) and is done anyway too (WebPd). I guess I could write the one for Java in C but that just seems like a roundabout way to get it working and would make my build process headachey. What would be good is if Pd itself (and hence lib-pd) provided some API to query the data structure of a Patch. I don't realistically see that happening any time soon.

So anyone got Java code for parsing Pd patches? If not I will post my results here once I have it working.

Chris.