[PD] Simple Subtractive Synth

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:27:58 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 17:06 +0100, Derek Holzer wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> probably the bandlimited oscillator BLOSC objects in the creb library,
> or the spliced-transition method found in the Pd help files or Miller's
> book would be the best things, however I have also included a chapter in
> the FLOSS Manual on using the "sinsum" message to create rudimentary
> waveforms:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/GeneratingWaveforms
>
> They are bandlimited, however they still alias at higher frequencies.
> Combining them with oversampling could also be an interesting idea:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/Antialiasing
>

> On 11/24/10 4:50 PM, samuel rowe wrote:
>
> > band-limited waveforms (using fourier synthesis, then writing this into
> > a table)

This is the approach those abstraction use:
https://github.com/reduzent/pd-bloscabs

And unlike what Derek stated, this does _not_  necessarily produce
aliasing artefacts. The abstractions from bloscabs use sinesum tables
dependent on the incoming frequency. So they are completely
aliasing-free there is no need for oversampling or such.

In fact, the [creb/blosc~ saw] produces (not very loud, though) aliasing
artefacts.

The spliced-transition method is particularly interesting for making
anti-aliased pulse waveforms  with dynamically adjustable pulse width.

Roman