[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Nov 25 08:35:01 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 22:46 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 02:53 +0100, András Murányi wrote:
> > moonlib indeed!
> >
> > 2010/11/25 Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> >         [moonlib/mknob]
> >
> >         -Jonathan
> >
> >                 Thanks, this worked.
> >                 Now i'm having segfaults on patch load, it seems it's
> >                 with [moocow/mknob].
> >

> Confirmed. Looking into it...

All right, I said I would go to sleep but the curiosity got the best of
me, so I looked at this one and found a super-simple solution.

Namely, it appears mknob uses g_all_guis.h and g_canvas.h, both of which
have changed as a result of accelerated drawing of iemgui objects. A
simple recompile of mknob (and likely other objects that may rely upon
the same framework) apparently fixed the problem.

That said, this like other non-standard externals does not utilize
either highlight or accelerated motion (and thus falls back nicely on
the old way of moving using coords).

HTH

BTW, Hans, is there a reason why pd-extended cannot find moonlib's help
files? I tried "importing," as well as invoking objects with moonlib/
prefix. How would one go about fixing this other than extending the
default.pdsettings file?

Gotta love it when your bug-hunt TODO list is finally empty (even if
only for a couple of hours :-).

Ico