[PD] Most simple interfacing of 1 or 3 hardware switches (with [comport]?)

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 21:33:07 CET 2010

2010/11/26 András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>

> Looks cool! thanks for the idea, i think i'll give it a shot.
> If, however, anyone knows how to recieve an 5v undefined-length impulse
> with [comport], with little hardware fuss, i'm still interested.

Do you happen to have a parallel port? for some reason I think it would be
easier to use directly than a comport...

for example: http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg05283.html

using the parallel port:
you need the external zexy ftp://ftp.iem.at/pd/Externals/ZEXY , which
contains the object [lpt] to get acces to the parallel port. on linux,
you need to be root to get permissions, on windows you need to installl
something addidionatlly (have a look at the helpfile of [lpt]).

Tim

Andras