[PD] Analysing voice prosody (Problem Level: Moderate)

sisil mehta sisilmet2000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:24:35 CET 2010

Hello,
I'm trying to do prosody analysis of a person's voice. So basically I need
to take in the voice from the mic and analyse: pitch, amplitude, loudness.
I'm new to PD and wondering if someon could point me to the
externals/tutorial which explains how to do so in PD (most of the tutorials
I've seen in PD were for analysing music. Do the same analyses apply to
voice as well?)

After googling I the fiddle~ external and was wondering if that can be used
to analyse pitch and amplitude of voice.
I found these libraries for Max/Msp here (
http://cnmat.berkeley.edu/downloads) which let me find pitch/loudness
/amplitude. Is there somthing similar for PD?

Thanks a lot

--
Regards,
Sisil Mehta <https://sites.google.com/site/sisilmehta/>