[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Nov 29 20:40:31 CET 2010

> > I think it makes a lot of sense to only have the Cord Inspector
> > available during Edit Mode, like Ico said, play/run mode should not have
> > other things drawing on the CPU.
>
> sure.
> i was rather saying that i find it weird that if i am in edit mode and
> press Ctrl-R i get the cord inspector, whereas if i am in run mode and
> press Ctrl-R i get nothing. i would expect it to flip to edit mode and
> turn the inspector on.
> (similar to what happens if i press Ctrl-1 in run mode)

What you suggested is actually rather simple (boils basically down to
one line of code). The difference between Ctrl+r and Ctrl+1 (object
creation) is that former is a state, while latter a one-time event. So,
for instance if in the current iteration you wish to have cord
monitoring on at all times during the editing process it simply requires
one Ctrl+R press at any point in time (regardless whether the editor is
on or off), after which it stays on once again regardless of the
editor's state so from that point on it only requires a Ctrl+e and you
are ready to go. That said, rigging Ctrl+r to also open editor makes
sense only in the case both the editor and Cord Inspector are off.

Latest version now includes this little alteration.

HTH

Ico