[PD] readanysf~ buzzing problem

august august at alien.mur.at
Tue Nov 30 03:40:42 CET 2010

> Hi August,
>
> I'm using this version - https://launchpad.net/~reduzierer/+archive/
> rdz-pd-extra+deps

that is the latest.

> which is dated 2010-10-06 so should be current? I'm also using Pdextended
> 0.42-5 from http://puredata.info/downloads (Lucid i386). I just tried again to
> recreate the error and it took much more than 20 times to happen, but
> eventually the file opened with the buzz. I've attached the patch I'm using -
> basically I'm loading various files in a playlist with the "left" and "right"
> keys on the keyboard and then starting the file with "enter". 95% of the time
> the files play fine, but inevitably one time (like the show last night!)

ouch. sorry.  that shouldn't happen.

	the
> buzz happens.

the first thing I notice about your patch (besides all of the externals
that don't load for me) is that you are looping the files based on the
bang at the end of file.  You should really use the "loop" message to
readanysf~ to turn looping on and off.

Attached is the stress test patch I made with your gunfire.wav.   It's
been running for minutes now without that problem.

Can you test it on your setup?  If it doesn't make the buzz, please
simplify your patch so that it works in vanilla pd without any extras
but still makes the buzz.

-august.