[PD] new downloads page, call for input, help, submissions, etc

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Nov 30 04:18:03 CET 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 5:40 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at
> > wrote:
>
> So IOhannes set up this great Plone 'product' for managing software
> releases a while back, and we've just done a bunch of work to get
> all Pure Data and Pd-extended releases into it, as well as many
> libraries, apps, and 0.43 GUI plugins.  It has the great advantage
> of allowing everyone to add their own apps, libraries, etc. Here's
> the page:
>
> http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/
>
> I'm posting this out there to get people to put their own stuff on
> it, give feedback on how it works, and perhaps recruit someone to do
> some Plone-python-CSS magic to make the page look nice.
>
> .hc
>
> Well, it would be nice to see a one-line description of the item
> already on the start page. In usability language: it's hard to
> decide for the user whether to click "vbap" or "boids" without prior
> knowledge of them.

Yeah, definitely, that's where the plone/python/css hacking comes in.
Plone should be very configurable.  Each of those items already has a
short description and many even have an icon setup for them.  It would
be great to have the listing show those.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson