[PD] [OT] join my at LinkedIn

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:53:24 CET 2010

Recently, LinkedIn has been targeted by spammers or phishers. I've
received emails with hot links to a web site purportedly run by
LinkedIn, but when I forwarded the email to the LinkedIn
administrators, they told me it was a fake. So I wouldn't assume that
these invitations are really coming from the people they are
supposedly coming from.

If possible, these invitations should just be filtered out
automatically, like any other junk mail or spam. If they are
legitimate, they should be sent to the invitee, not the list.