[PD] firewirecamera in gem/pidip/next step

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 1 12:49:55 CET 2010

On 2010-12-01 11:10, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> i have inserted the modules vloopback, videodev....coriander is neither
> complaining anymore about misseng etc/video0 nor avout missing v2l anymore.
>
> and its running V4L output device /etc/video0
>
> sofarsonice
>
> by the way...i use GEM: ver: 0.91.3 'tigital' and PiDiP : additional
> video processing objects for PD version 0.12.23
>
> if i try pdp_v4l2 console says pdp_v4l2: opening /dev/video0
> pdp_v4l2: error: open /dev/video0: Device or resource busy

well, i thought i was quite clear that vloopback would make the first
device the input (sink) device, and the 2nd device the output (src)
device, so try /dev/video1

> pdp_v4l2: opening /dev/video1
> pdp_v4l2: error: open /dev/video1: Invalid argument
> get capabilities: Inappropriate ioctl for device

well, i thought i was quite clear that this solution involves v4l1(!),
thus pdp_v4l2 will bail out, as it needs a v4l2 device.
try [pdp_v4l]

> Gem pix_video
>
> video driver 0: video4linux
> video driver 1: ieee1394 for linux
>
> pd bash error: failed opening device: '/dev/video0'
> console says /dev/video0: Device or resource busy

again, /dev/video0 is the sink, you need /dev/video1

> if i try video driver 1 gem is telling me
> /dev/dv1394/0: No such file or directory
> console detto...wich is not a wonder, since i just have /dev/video1394
> and no /dev/dv1394

well "driver 1" changes the driver to the dv4l (ieee1394).
you don't want to change the driver (the default is video4linux, which
is just what you need), you want to change the device.
use "device /dev/video1"

if you still cannot open the device with neither application, you might
want to switch to one of my other suggestions (which were both favoured
over the one you chose....)

ghmst
IOhannes