[PD] New user - technical questions

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Wed Dec 1 18:44:38 CET 2010

>Its difficult to write a deterministic program using standard threads.
I know, it's difficult to achieve regular results when you depend on
processor scheduling :)

>It sounds to me that you have a solution in your head looking for a
problem, perhaps you could start >with the problem?
You are right Hans, I can explain better :)

<background_story>
Well I was messing around with DTW implementation, I already have my
external working for PD (which I used in [1]) and will be available to
everyone when I have some quality free time for it (its so much hardcoded
right now, it sucks).
</background_story>

During that I realized I could implement it in parallel via OpenMP,
but tried to compile the code with some openMP directives and it did not
work for the pd_external, it seemed that PD could not handle it somehow[2].
So what I wanted was "an object" to be parallel by itself. Not a series of
different objects. Does anyone ever made an external that itself uses
openMP?

Best regards,
Pedro

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7329207/PedroLopesDTW-based_RecOPad2010.pdf
[2] note: my know how of pd internal's is very very limited.
--
Pedro Lopes (MSc)
contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes