[PD] Attaching a Sensor to Acoustic Instruments Question

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:57:20 CET 2010

Hey all,

I'm working on composing a piece within pd for viola in which I would like
to attach some kind of sensor to the head of the instrument.  The sensor
must be capable of tracking the performers movements on the x,y,z axis', be
undetectable for the performer, and be wireless.  I'm not sure whether
something arduino or some sort of bluetooth device would be preferable?

Would be very grateful if any listers have any experience in these matters
and could recommend some devices, pointers of things to watch out for
(bluetooth in concert venues for example), general sturdiness of various
items, etc.

Many thanks, and best wishes,

Julian