[PD] Attaching a Sensor to Acoustic Instruments Question

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Dec 1 19:47:44 CET 2010

First off, don't expect perfect results, that'll set you up for
failure.  Sounds like you want an accelerometer for x/y/z
acceleration, and for position, you'll need to add something like a
gyro or the wii controller's infrared camera tracking the light bar.
Perhaps the Wii controller would be a good place for you to start?

.hc

On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:57 PM, J bz wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on composing a piece within pd for viola in which I
> would like to attach some kind of sensor to the head of the
> instrument.  The sensor must be capable of tracking the performers
> movements on the x,y,z axis', be undetectable for the performer, and
> be wireless.  I'm not sure whether something arduino or some sort of
> bluetooth device would be preferable?
>
> Would be very grateful if any listers have any experience in these
> matters and could recommend some devices, pointers of things to
> watch out for (bluetooth in concert venues for example), general
> sturdiness of various items, etc.
>
> Many thanks, and best wishes,
>
> Julian

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.