[PD] Attaching a Sensor to Acoustic Instruments Question

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:54:09 CET 2010

Hey all,

I love this list:)

I had thought about wiimotes but I think they are too cumbersome, visible
and heavy.  I would like the instrumentalist to not have to be aware that
they are connected to anything.  The point of the tracking is to use the
performers involuntary movement as input data for the pd patch, so I would
like for them to be as un-selfconscious as possible.

I have heard that there are problems with bluetooth in concert situations,
although the feedback I have just received from you guys seems inconclusive?

Although this is in a university setting for the 1st performance, I'm also
really keen that this can be portable and as inexpensive as I can make it,
thus hopefully allowing the piece to have a life outside of academia.  This
would prohibit going down any super-complex routes.

I think I would be more comfortable not having to rely on the sensor being
in the line of sight too, sounds scary.

Brilliant feedback so far though, thanks a lot, I have plenty to get on
with.  I will, no doubt, be reporting back soon...

Cheers,

Jb

>>> http://comunicacionnativa.blogspot.com/