[PD] default.pdextended in the latest 0.42.x extended release and failure to load some of the libs

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Dec 2 03:02:25 CET 2010

Many thanks for all your help so far Hans! Really appreciate it!

Please allow me one more question regarding the installer. Namely, when I do:

sudo make prefix=/usr install

inside pd-extended/packages/linux_make/ folder, the installer fails if one does not remove manually smylinks created for Gem inside ./build/usr/lib/pd-extended/doc/manuals and examples. The same goes for the core pd install which fails because of the ./build/usr/lib/pd-extended/pd symlink. Naturally, one can always do make clean but that would redundantly require recompile of the whole thing when at times the only thing necessary is recompiling one of the things.

This finally brings me to my question. When I do the aforesaid command after removing offending symlinks, everything gets installed ok except that abstractions are only installed inside ./build/lib... subfolder but they never make it into the actual /usr/lib/pd-extended install folder for whatever reason. There must be something I am not doing wrong.

FWIW, when I manually copy installed abstractions into the /usr/lib/pd-extended folder, everything works as expected.

Please advise.

Best wishes,

Ico