[PD] More SVN build questions

Hans-Christoph Steiner Hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 3 23:50:08 CET 2010

On Dec 3, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 13:54 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> Hans,
>>
>> Your lastest nightly snapshot is also missing flatspace (but at
>> least it
>> does build libdir,flib, and toxy). I've had to build libdir, flib,
>> and
>> toxy manually, so I guess there is a workaround for that (in other
>> words
>> the current svn build script simply ignores building those for
>> whatever
>> reason). But the absence of flatspace even in your nightly builds is
>> baffling. Is this thing then deprecated in latest svn?
>
> OK, found the source. externals/Makefile apparently omits these from
> being built, including loaders-libdir which has been apparently
> separated from the regular loaders thus making it impossible to load
> any
> of the libs. I suspect this is a omission by mistake.
>
> However, flatspace, flib, and toxy are also omitted while some of its
> externals (here I speculate) have been assimilated into other
> packages.
> entry.pd_linux (from flatspace) is however missing. So are quite a few
> others.

Ok, the libdir loader should now be included in the builds:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=14565

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne