[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 02:20:01 CET 2010

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, ico at vt.edu <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> From: ico at vt.edu <ico at vt.edu>
> Subject: Re: [PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>, "'PD List'" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 1:16 AM
> > And where does merging your
> changes in with pd-extended 0.43 fit
> > into all this?
>
> Not sure. I've submitted at least half-dozen patches into
> the sourceforge
> already and many more via mailing list and only a fraction
> of them have been
> looked at, and even less merged. Granted, some of them are
> somewhat
> controversial (e.g. revamping the scrolling algorithm), yet
> with such a low
> response rate one certainly feels discouraged in
> contributing further,

The argument as I understand it is that all your patches apply to
0.42-5.  So pick the simplest feature or bugfix you've implemented
and submit it as a patch for 0.43.  If you get feedback and/or it
gets merged, end of discouragement.  If you don't, then the
development process is broken and needs fixing.

If I knew how I'd do it myself.

-Jonathan