[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Dec 6 04:48:47 CET 2010

On Dec 5, 2010, at 10:42 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> On 2010-12-05 21:34, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> 3) 0.42.5 code-base is IMHO more friendly towards porting the entire
>> thing to a different toolkit as all tcl/tk stuff is encapsulated into
>> one (albeit ugly) big file. As such, I see it as a better springboard
>> for such a transition.
>
> That's funny. I thought the whole 0.43 thing was about putting the
> tcl/tk into one place. In 0.42 the tcl/tk (one of the slowest
> languages around) is all over the Pd code, not just in pd.tk.

That's a longer term goal, but 0.43 was more limited in scope.
Basically the whole 'pd-gui' part was rewritten in only Tcl/Tk (no C),
and some changes were made on the 'pd' side to streamline those changes.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith