[PD] Tip of the Day

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Mon Dec 6 09:28:03 CET 2010

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Hi,
>       What do people think of the little "Tip of the Day" windows that
> are in some software?  Are they helpful?  Annoying?
My two cents.
I think they are pretty useless and annoying, as randomly suggesting
something doesn't add any help to the total beginner ("did you know you
can type ctrl+1 to create a new object?"... well thank you but I'd
really like to know how to make those cool sounds  in pd like the videos
I saw on youtube!)

But I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Maybe, though, some of those "tips" could go in some sort of Pd quick
tutorial or cookbook... but searchable and well indexed?

Lorenzo