[PD] Tip of the Day

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:15:53 CET 2010

my two cents:
It crossed my mind that many programs on the first run show you the
'preferences' window automatically.
This is not always entirely useless if you ask me.
I can imagine that in pd-extended for example, the first time you start it,
you would be asked what externals you want loaded (I guess now it's 'all' by
default?) and what sound driver, how many channels etc...
A new user is not necessarily aware of all those settings, so having them
presented automatically the first time can be a good thing.
Maybe even the 'test audio and midi' patch could open automatically after
that, so the new user can verify that his sound is working before trying
anything else...?
Of course this should only be shown at the first run, or have a check box to
un-check 'show this at startup'...
gr,
Tim