[PD] py/pyext: building on Ubuntu Lucid with Python 2.6 (and python in pd)

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Dec 7 11:14:52 CET 2010

Has anyone managed to do it successfully?

I managed to build flext, but when I call the ../flext/build.sh script
from within the pyext source dir it fails with the first error being to
the fact m_pd.h is not found.
I have pd-extended installed and thus m_pd.h lives in
/usr/include/pdextended/ and this seems some trivial path problem, but I
really can't seem to find a simple way to add that dir to the build
process (build.sh seems to call another script but I can't figure out
how everything works out).

Somewhat related to this, would it be possible to make py/pyext somewhat
more "python-minor-version-agnostic"? Sorry if the question seems naive,
I guess the build process actually links to the exact Python in the
user's system.
In general IMHO it would *really* be nice to be able to have an easy way
to hack up externals in python (I could do with even message-only ones)
'by default' with a Pd-extended.

Thanks,
Lorenzo.