[PD] new license for pidip and unauthorized WAS: pd-pidip into Debian

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Dec 7 22:32:41 CET 2010

Motion tracking can be done easily in GEM with a combination of
[pix-background] to create a histrogram showing only changed pixel
values, and [pix_blob] to track the center of gravity of those changed
values.

D.

On 12/7/10 6:43 PM, Jose Luis Santorcuato wrote:
> I don't quite understand why people do motion detection with squares
> like that. I use a generic motion detection that gets me the centre of
> the motion, and then when I rescale the values, it may split the
> possible results into bands or squares because of rounding (if I
> quantise them).
> Hi all!,
> what is the generic motion detector you are using Mathieu? I use pdp...
> Best Regards
> José
> 2010/12/7 Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca <mailto:matju at artengine.ca>>:
>  > On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
>  >
>  >> pdp_mgrid
>  >
>  > I don't quite understand why people do motion detection with squares like
>  > that. I use a generic motion detection that gets me the centre of the
>  > motion, and then when I rescale the values, it may split the possible
>  > results into bands or squares because of rounding (if I quantise them).
>  >
>  > Nevertheless, if I have a picture of size (240 320 3), I can make
> groups of
>  > rows and columns, for example I [#redim (15 16 20 16 3)], which turns a
>  > picture into a 5-dimensional grid, and then if I [#transpose 1 2], I will
>  > have a 5-dimensional grid that is a 2-dimensional grid of 16x16
> icons. After
>  > that, many effects and analyses that GF can do on pictures will also
> work on
>  > such groups of pictures without any change.
>  >
>  > But more simply, if I want an average of each 16x16 icon, I don't
> need to go
>  > 5-dimensional, I can just do [#downscale_by 16 smoothly] and that's all.
>  >
>  >> pdp_cmap
>  >> pdp_ctrack
>  >> pdp_ascii
>  >> are essential
>  >
>  > I'd like to know what it takes for you to call something «essential».
> Do you
>  > mean that there is no other way to do it with Pd, or just no other
> way to do
>  > with with PDP ?
>  >
>  >> pdp_qt will be obsolete when we get either pix_film OR pix_movie or
>  >> whatever to play audio directly from a movie without extra table banging
>  >> [hopefully this exists somewhere]
>  >
>  > There's [#in~], which is rather experimental. It uses [#to~].
>  >
>  > | Mathieu Bouchard ---- tél: +1.514.383.3801 ---- Villeray, Montréal, QC
>  > UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
>  > http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
>  >
>  >
> [...]

::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::
---Oblique Strategy # 207:
"Take away as much mystery as possible. What is left?"