[PD] Osc phase and number of periods for subsonic touch-music

Daniel K. konarsonarsmonar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 08:32:48 CET 2010

I'm working on re-realizing a piece I wrote for subwoofer that is meant to
be felt by touching the speaker cone instead of hearing it. This is done by
using sine waves from around 15 to 26 Hz at low volume adn utilizing
difference frequencies to get lower frequency pulses. My problem is that the
way I have my synth set up, the osc~ objects end up receiving midi messages
a unpredictable times in the period which is leading to interference and
thus unintended dynamic shifts. Another problem is clicks on note-offs. I
can get around those with [line~] or a low pass filter but it would seem
more elegant if I could solve both problems by generating sine waves with
finite numbers of periods that always started with the same phase. I haven't
been able to figure out to this and I've thrown enough hours at it that I
think it's time to ask for some help. Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

-Daniel Konar