[PD] [PD-dev] pd-pidip into Debian

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:02:01 CET 2010

>     Bernardo Barros wrote:
>>
>>        2010/12/4 Mathieu Bouchard<matju at artengine.ca
>>        <mailto:matju at artengine.ca>>:
>>

>>            It's because GPL is for hippies, or something.
>>
>>        It's the other way around. BSD is hippier:
>>        Someone in Berkley smoked marijuana and said:
>>        "hey man, let's just give it away, who cares what people will
>>        do with it,
>>        let them turn this into proprietary or whatever".
>>
>>        I don't get this BSD fondness of the PD people....

>>    you confuse marijuana with LSD if i can intervene,
>>    it was LSD license at that time,
>>    for a joke that makes sense
>>
>>    then you are all buried deeply in the same system
>>    that it's useless to talk, really
>>
>>    ciao,
>>    sevy
>>

>> What do you know about us?
>> Why do you take the privilege to offend people on this mailing list?
>> When you go to the supermarket, you yell the same things at people?
>> Or you don't go to the supermaket? You don't pay taxes? You don't have
>> have a driver's license, ID card, social security, you didn't go to school
>> "by the system"?
>> I'm afraid what you call "system" is human civilization, and even if you
>> wish to believe otherwise, you are part of it too.
>> And again, you don't know what we do against or for the "system" so pay
>> more respect and don't offend people you don't know shit about.
>>
>> Andras

> yeh classical ...
>
> after having been called 'fascist' here on this list
> or someone making useless shit, etc ....
> i'm the one offending the others...
>
> i just say i felt like working in the army ( the US one)
> when working in the pd community,
> so yeh i quit it,
> but i keep my shit available
> for los companer at s that wants to promote linux
> ( yeh they are all fascists )
>
> i'm just laughing of your confusion
> and bye bye,
> have fun reading wikileaks.
>
> ciao,
> sevy

You missed the point by lightyears (again).
It was a debate over your _decision_ which is OK. Your software, you can
insist on a weird license.
Then there is this list and this community which challenged your _decision_
which should be OK too, unless you cannot stand criticism, which seems to be
the case. The point of the community was that your license may be
understandable, but it is inconvenient.
Then you come and start to offend _people_ (WTF you think calling people
fascists???), when no one called you anything, no one offended you, it was
merely a debate over your _decision_.
Got it?

Andras