[PD] toxy/tot problems

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 00:18:18 CET 2010

Hi list,
     I looked in doc/examples/toxy/ and found tot-nomenu.pd.
(Using the <ctrl-b> browser it's Pure Data/examples/toxy.)

Great!

But if I use [tot] to kill the menu of the main canvas instead of a subpatch, I get a big error message if I click on the "Windows" menu
of the console:

Error: invalid command name ".x859e4c8.m.windows"

and if I click on details, I get this:

invalid command name ".x859e4c8.m.windows"
invalid command name ".x859e4c8.m.windows"
    while executing
"$name.m.windows add command"
    (procedure "menu_fixwindowmenu" line 3)
    invoked from within
"menu_fixwindowmenu [lindex $i 1]"
    (procedure "pdtk_fixwindowmenu" line 17)
    invoked from within
"pdtk_fixwindowmenu"
    invoked from within
".#mbar.#mbar#windows post 176 166"
    invoked from within
"$menu postcascade active"
    (procedure "tk::MenuButtonDown" line 8)
    invoked from within
"tk::MenuButtonDown .#mbar"
    (command bound to event)

Also, if I open/close a [pd] object, I get the
following error in the console:

invalid command name ".x859e4c8.m.windows"

Is there another object or set of objects in Pd that I can use to
remove the menu without getting errors?

-Jonathan