[PD] new license for pidip and unauthorized WAS: pd-pidip into Debian

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 12 16:21:42 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Jose Luis Santorcuato wrote:

> Mathieu Bouchard wrote :
>>   I don't quite understand why people do motion detection with squares
>> like that. I use a generic motion detection that gets me the centre of
>> the motion, and then when I rescale the values, it may split the
>> possible results into bands or squares because of rounding (if I
>> quantise them).
>
> what is the generic motion detector you are using Mathieu? I use pdp...

I use [t a a] with [# -] or with [# abs-] or even [# sq-]. Then I apply
some filters to reduce noise. If I want to have coordinates, I can use
[#moment] to find a single centre.

If I want multiple centres, I can use [#labelling] instead of [#moment].

By generic I mean something that lets you make the decisions yourself
because you put together very simple components that will do the job you
want. In that sense, [t a a] and [# abs-] and [#moment] are simple
things... [#labelling] is a more complex component, but you still have to
provide your own pre-filtering because it can't take direct camera input
in.