[PD] libraries in Pd-extended 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Dec 13 18:05:34 CET 2010

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the offer!  Maintaining a library mostly means keeping
track of the issues and seeing that they get addressed.  Things range
from making releases, posting releases, fixing bugs, accepting
patches, etc.  It can also mean doing all of the work, if you so
choose.  I will help out where I can, and I'm sure many others will too.

You can take on any library you want, I always say its best to take on
one that you feel personally invested in.

.hc

On Dec 13, 2010, at 5:25 AM, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> Sevy,
>
> How is this a constructive comment? In fact, how is it even
> constructive criticism? Your proof of the saying that goes,
>  "You can either not say anything and risk people thinking your
> ignorant or you can open your mouth and prove it".
>
> Really I think you need to grow up, I am really surprised at just
> how immature you are. If you don't like the people on the list then
> subscribe.
>
> Maybe I am wrong however, if you have a grievance then put it
> forward in a sensible way so that things can be worked out?  If
> there is something I can do let me know? I think to have bad
> feelings with anyone on this list is not a good thing.
>
> Hans, I may be able to maintain a some libraries and it is something
> I'm looking into, my programming experience is limited but would
> like to contribute.
>

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM, sevy <ydegoyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> this basically shows you have 3 collaborators
> and you call it a 'community'
>

> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> One of the goals for Pd-extended 0.43 is to have all libraries have
> a maintainer, so Pd-extended isn't just a collection of lots of semi-
> working code.  The end goal is to have a maintainer for all
> libraries that are included in Pd-extended.  Here's the current list
> based on my knowledge:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/LibrariesInPdExtended
>
> If you are interested in becoming the maintainer of any of the
> libraries that are currently lacking a maintainer, please add your
> name next to the library in question.  Once you get the library up-
> to-date for Pd-extended, we can move it up to the "maintained"
> section on the top.  Here's a rough sketch of the process of getting
> libraries into Pd-extended:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingIntoPdextended
>
> .hc

> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a
> better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John
> Donne

“We must become the change we want to see. - Mahatma Gandhi